
Remember the show "What's Happening" Well, there's not much happening here in Spain. The weather has turned cool, it reminds me a lot of fall in Arkansas. I am trying to figure out what to do on my last free weekend. My last weekend here is supposed to be a three day weekend but they are bringing in a replacement for me and I will have to spend part of the day Sunday and all day Monday showing him around the base and getting him familiar with the office. I am thinking about going back to Granada and touring the Alhambra again. I really enjoyed that but I always wished I had more time to study the history a little more in depth. I am probably going hiking on Sunday. The Via Verde is a trail that I think I have mentioned before and I am finally going to hike part of it before I leave.
I was glad to read Philips blog and find out that the mystery of the missing items has been solved and "Cakers" has come clean and confessed to hiding the cell phone in her sisters shoe. Hopefully the other missing items will turn up.
I talked to Lillers this morning. I think she actually acted like she missed me this week. She asked if today was the day that she got to pick me up at the airport. When I told her no, she actually seemed dissapointed. I figure that this will pass in the next couple of days and she will be back to not talking to me again. She's such a mess!
Connor was going to get fitted for his tux today for Aunt Mel's wedding. I asked Lil if she had her dress back from the sewing place yet and she told me that her dress was still at the place with the cats! Apparently when Andria, Mom, and Lily took her dress to be altered they took it to the "Crazy cat lady" and Lily remembered that for some reason.
Well, I suppose that's all there is to tell right now. I apologize for not posting more this week, but as my friend Philip once said, "We literary geniuses sometimes have to take a break from our writing." I believe he's right, I mean, If I turned out my Pulitzer Prize winning work everyday, it would crush some poor aspiring writer's dreams of ever gaining fame and recognition!
Hope everyone had a great week!
Since I don't have a famous line to sign off with yet, I'll leave you with a quote that I have always liked.
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you!" - John Steinbeck
1 comment:
I have noticed that your posts are refreshing after a little break. We can't hog the spotlight all the time.
Yes, I remember "What's Happening." That show was pretty funny. Keep up the good work. See you soon!
Post a Comment